Methodist College Library serves the population of Methodist College including students, faculty, and staff. The library works to support the college's curriculum and the research and information needs of the college's students and employees.
The Methodist College Library is centered on providing learning and collection excellence to meet the evolving needs of health science and human service professionals in a diverse world.
What we do...
- 24/7 Online access to resources
- Access services/circulation
- Reference help and research consultations
- Assistance finding materials
- Interlibrary loan (ILL)
- Research instruction classes and workshops
- Course reserves
- Copier/printer/scanner and technology assistance
- Books and eBooks
- Databases and eJournals
- Reference sources
- Resource Guides/LibGuides
- Videos and films
- Various equipment (phone chargers, laptop chargers, headsets, webcams)
- Methodist College History Digital Archive
- Service desk
- Book stacks
- Special Collection/Methodist College Archive
- Computer workstations
- Study spaces including tables, pods, carrels, and study rooms, reservations can be made here.
- The noise level is a "courtesy zone" and users should be courteous of other users by silencing cell phones, using headphones, and speaking softly.
- American Library Association (ALA)
- Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL)
- Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries of Illinois (CARLI)
- Health Sciences Libraries of Illinois (HSLI)
- Illinois Library Association (ILA)
- National Library of Medicine/National Network of Librarian of Medicine (NLM/NNLM)
- Reaching Across Illinois Library System (RAILS)
As a CARLI governing member library, Methodist College allows physical access to library facilities for the students, faculty, and staff of other CARLI Governing Member institutions without undue restrictions. Visitors to Methodist College will need to check in with the front security desk to access the library.
Academic Support Collaborative
The Academic Support Collaborative or ASC (pronounced "ask") is comprised of a group of academic support services including Advising, Center for Student Success (CSS), Library, and Testing Center. The ASC also works closely with the Office of Access, Support, and Inclusion Services (OASIS) and Sim/Learning Centers. The ASC team works to support students outside the classroom.
- Mission: Academic Affairs Support Services enhances the educational experience of the college community through support, service, and leadership
- Vision: Create a hearth of learning where all are inspired, engaged, and successful.