- Library Home
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Using the Library During the Covid-19 Pandemic
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
Methodist College Library serves the population of Methodist College including students, faculty, and staff. The library works to support the research and information needs of the college's students and employees.
What we do...
- Give assistance in a variety of academic areas
- Give some technical assistance
- Provide study and collaboration space
- Guide library users to operate in the academic library environment
- Teach library users library information skills as defined by the Association of College and Research Libraries.
- Lead workshops/programs/events to further promote information literacy skills
- Collect, organize, store, retrieve, and disseminate information to support the programs of Methodist College
The Methodist College Library is centered on providing learning and collection excellence to meet the evolving needs of health science and human service professionals in a diverse world.
The Methodist College Library is a welcoming place to access materials and receive assistance.
The library has computer workstations, printers, a copier, and scanner, There are a variety of study spaces including tables, pods, carrels and study rooms, reservations can be made here.
Books and journals are accessible in print and electronic formats.
Most course textbooks are on reserve for a 2-hour check out.
The noise level is described as a "courtesy zone" and users should be courteous of other users by silencing cell phones, using headphones, and speaking softly.
- American Library Association (ALA)
- Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL)
- Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries of Illinois (CARLI)
- Health Sciences Libraries of Illinois (HSLI)
- Illinois Library Association (ILA)
- National Library of Medicine/National Network of Librarian of Medicine (NLM/NNLM)
- Reaching Across Illinois Library System (RAILS)
As a CARLI governing member library, Methodist College allows physical access to library facilities for the students, faculty, and staff of other CARLI Governing Member institutions without undue restrictions. Visitors to Methodist College will need to check in with the front security desk to access the library.
Academic Support Collaborative
The Academic Support Collaborative or ASC (pronounced "ask") is comprised of a group of academic support services including Advising, Center for Student Success (CSS), Library and Testing Center. The ASC team works to support students outside the classroom.
- Mission: Academic Affairs Support Services enhances the educational experience of the college community through support, service, and leadership
- Vision: Create a hearth of learning where all are inspired, engaged, and successful.