- Library Home
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Using the Library During the Covid-19 Pandemic
Study Room Use and Reservation
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
During the Covid Pandemic, study room capacity has been reduced for social distancing. L1 and L2 will hold groups up to 3, all other study rooms are for solo study only. Masks must be worn at all times in the library and this includes all study rooms.
- Study rooms are available inside the library and in the Learning Commons. All study rooms need to be reserved through the online reservation system here.
- The library staff will manage the reservations of the study rooms. Reservations may be made online, in-person or by calling the library.
- Study rooms are to be pre-reserved for groups only (2 or more people). Individuals can use rooms as "drop-ins."
- Reservations can be made up to 7 days in advance.
- Groups may reserve a study room for up to 2 hours per day. Room usage may be renewed only if available.
- When the reserved time is up, the group must vacate the space (or reserve additional time, if available).
- Reservations that are not claimed within fifteen minutes of the reservation time are subject to cancellation.
- If there is no reservation or a reservation is canceled, a “drop-in” study group/individual is permitted to use the space after conferring with the library staff.
- The noise level should not interfere with the studies of other individuals in the area.
- Groups are responsible for the condition of the room. It should be left in good condition. No food should be thrown away in the study room trash cans.
- Study rooms are available for use to all Methodist College students and employees. Priority is given to students.
- If these standards are broken, the users may be asked to leave the study room.