- Library Home
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Using the Library During the Covid-19 Pandemic
Library Use Standards and Guest User Standards
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
Library Use Standards
All library patrons must abide by the Student Code of Conduct of Methodist College. This policy is found in the Student Handbook.
Food and drink are permitted in the library under the following circumstances:
- Beverages are covered
- Trash is disposed of properly
- Messes are cleaned up/reported
If food or beverage consumption is causing a disturbance to other library patrons, the person consuming the items may be asked to leave the library.
Guest User Standards
The Methodist College Library welcomes guest users during regular business hours. Guests include all patrons that are not current students or employees of Methodist College. This includes Methodist College Alumni, Peoria Area residents, UnityPoint Health-Central Illinois employees, OLLI members, and student, faculty and staff of other CARLI Governing member institutions.
Guest users are deemed to have “local privilege borrowers.” They may borrow physical items from the library’s collection with a Guest User Card and by following the Circulation Standards.
Guest user guidelines:
- Guests must be age 18 or over. Minors must be accompanied by adults.
- The library is a place of study and research and all guests are expected to conduct themselves in a manner appropriate for this environment.
- Guests are expected to follow the “Library Use Standards”
- Guests may apply for a local privilege borrowing, “Guest User,” library card.
- Limited reference services will be available for guests. Students and faculty/staff service is prioritized. Guests may need to seek additional assistance at their local public library.
- Limited Interlibrary Loan Services through OCLC and Docline may be available for guests. Again, students and faculty/staff service is prioritized. Guests may need to seek additional assistance at their local public library.
- Guests requiring computer access will need to check-out the guest laptop for 2-hour, in-library use with their guest library card.
- Guests needing to print or copy will seek assistance from the service desk. 10 pages per day may be printed/copied for no charge. After 10 pages the cost is 10¢ per page. For double-sided printing/copying each side counts as one page.
Library Guests Users may obtain a local privilege borrowing library card or “guest card” by completing the local privilege borrowing library card application at the library desk. A valid photo ID is required to apply. The guest card is valid for one year.
Local Privilege Borrowing Library Card/Guest Card privileges:
- Loan periods, renewals, and fees are outlined in the Circulation Standards.
- Guest card privileges do not grant access to electronic resources (i.e. the library’s databases and ebooks) from off-campus.